- Basic Principles ( Introduction, Characteristics of open channel flow, Basic equations)
- Specific Energy (Definition, Diagram, Choke, Critical depth, Weirs)
- Momentum (Hydraulic jump, Stilling basins, Surges, Bridge piers, Supercritical transitions)
- Uniform Flow (Chezy and Manning formula, Uniform flow computations, Best hydraulic section)
- Gradually Varied Flow (Equations of GVF, Classification of profiles, Water surface profile computation)
- Open Channel Hydraulics, T.W. Strum, 2nd ed., 2010.
- Open Channel Hydraulics, V.T. Chow.
- Open Channel Hydraulics, R.H. French.
- Open Channel Hydraulics, F.M. Henderson.
Exercises and Quizzes: 15%
Mid-term Exam: 40%
Final Exam: 45%
Office hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:30